Friday, January 8, 2016

Introducing 20-Time

I just introduced the project to 1st period. Hard to read. They seem less than enthused. In fairness, it was before 8:00 a.m. when it's a bit harder to show enthusiasm for anything except for coffee. When I asked for a show of hands of how many students were at least somewhat excited about the project, many raised their hands. They asked a few questions. I think they just felt sorry for me. Time will tell!

2nd period. Yeah, so they seemed even less enthusiastic.  They didn't ask any questions. When I asked for a show of hands as to how many of them were excited, about 3 students raised their hands. Apparently they didn't even feel bad enough for me to lie! They'll come around...right? RIGHT?

4/5th period: This class seemed a bit more enthusiastic. Just look at these pictures!
 
Ok, full disclosure: I totally had them pose for this, and THEN I asked them if they were excited. However, when I asked them if they think they'll be excited once they decide on a project, almost everyone raised his/her hand!  Yay!

We won't do much with the project until the week after next, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is awesome! MY HAND IS RAISED!!! First half of the day, students are still sleepy. No worries. It's going to be GREAT!

    ReplyDelete