Wednesday, February 10, 2016

My First Movie

I've actually made a lot of progress on my 20Time project. I've met with Mr. May a couple of times, and I'm thinking I'm just going to roll along without the fancy equipment. Most people don't have access to it, nor will I in the future, so it makes sense to use more realistic equipment. I've been using iMovie on my phone, and it is relatively user-friendly and seems to yield decent results. I might invest in a microphone of some kind, though. I recorded almost all of my students' pitches in order to create my first video. Click on the video below to view it!


Not bad for my first attempt, right? There are some things I need to work on for my final video. First, I need to work on sound. It is inconsistent so I have to adjust the volume as it's playing. Not good. I think a microphone might help with this. Also, each individual clip was edited too tightly. I didn't realize that the transitions would cut into each video, so next time I need to leave an extra second or two at the end of each clip. I'm glad I did a practice one first so that I know what I'm doing on my final video! 

What's next? First I need to continue taking video and pictures as my students are working because who knows what I'll want to include. In order to do this, I need to free up some space on my phone, or perhaps start using my iPad. Next, I want to conduct some interviews/conversations with students for my final video, so I need to be thinking about what questions I will create. All in all, it's been really fun working on this so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment